Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The words for today are....

Fallow (from Dictionary.com: not in use; inactive: My creative energies have lain fallow this year.) and Fecund (from Dictionary.com: very productive or creative intellectually: the fecund years of the Italian Renaissance).

To my mind these words are directly related, as in: During the period of time from my last posting - October 11th - to date, my mind and body appear to have lain Fallow, but are now entering another Fecund period. I believe I needed a rest to recuperate from the rigorous regimen I had set myself. Today it just felt right to pop in Leslie Sanzone's 1 mile walk DVD and get in 15 minutes of aerobic walking. It could also have been because I took off early from work (due to a threatened snowstorm and whiteout) and found myself with extra time and extra energy. ;->

Here's a site for you. If you're like me, you revel in both words and augmenting your vocabulary. Check out FreeRice.com and you'll have the joy of tweaking your terminology while donating free rice to a good cause. FreeRice has two goals:
1. Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
What if just knowing what a word meant could help feed hungry people around the world. Well, at Free Rice it does... the totals have grown exponentially." - The Washington Post
Try it and feel good about yourself!

No comments: