Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Day 4

July 4th is a national holiday and, after checking my Solutions for Wellness exercise plan, I learned it was an exercise holiday for me as well. I'll be more than making up for it tomorrow, it seems, when the plan calls for 30 minutes of aerobics, 7 minutes of flexibility exercise and 10 minutes of strength training. If I don't get in some walking tomorrow at work, I'll jump on the treadmill at home after grocery shopping.

The flexibility exercises consist of:
  • overhead arm stretch
  • crossover shoulder stretch
  • full spinal stretch
  • seated spinal twist and hip extension
  • knee to chest stretch
  • back and thigh stretch
  • straight let, bent knee hamstring stretch
All of these are repeated three times and held for at least 10 seconds, working up to a full 30 seconds.

The strength component is currently comprised of seven exercises, performed with light weights, 1 set of 10 to 12 repetitions:
  • Chest press with dumbbells (for the chest)
  • lower back extension (for the back)
  • ab curls (for the abdomen)
  • bicep curls (for the arms)
  • triceps press (for the arms)
  • lateral raises (for the shoulders)
  • side leg lifts (for the legs).
That's enough projection about tomorrow. I'm stopping now for some more mindfulness meditation with the cat.

No comments: